3 Replies

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing challenges with breastfeeding. It's not uncommon for mothers to have difficulties with milk supply in the early days. Here are some suggestions that might help you improve your situation: 1. **Frequent Nursing**: Try to nurse your baby as often as possible, even if the milk supply is low. Frequent nursing can stimulate milk production. 2. **Proper Latching**: Ensuring your baby has a good latch can help increase milk flow. You may consider seeking help from a lactation consultant to assist with latching techniques. 3. **Stay Hydrated and Eat Well**: Keep yourself well-hydrated and maintain a healthy diet. Sometimes dehydration and poor nutrition can affect milk production. 4. **Breast Pumping**: Regularly pumping between feedings can also help stimulate milk production. It may take some time, but consistency is key. 5. **Seek Support**: It's essential to reach out for help and support during this challenging time. You can connect with other breastfeeding mothers for advice and encouragement. Online forums, support groups, and lactation consultants can offer valuable assistance. Remember, every mother and baby are unique, and it's okay to seek help and guidance during this period. Don't lose hope, and with patience and perseverance, you might see improvements in your breastfeeding journey. https://invl.io/cll6she

I have a similar issue too and am also in Day 8! Even after pumping both sides I have max 30ml. On top of that the lactation consultant at the hospital said my nipples are small and flat which would be difficult for latching. (“: We were concerned that bb wouldn’t receive enough input from me alone for her to clear her jaundice, so we allowed the nurses to feed her w bottled formula while she was admitted. We also top up w formula after latching for each feed if she still seems hungry. I guess the bottom line is that it’s really ok to give formula, what’s more impt is that the baby is full & fed. jiayou mummy!

At least when you pump you have 30ml. Mine not enuf even to measure in ml. Tdy I pump is just slightly better.

My supply only increased at 1.5m PP after switching to handsfree pump. Also, don’t forget to drink lots of water and most importantly don’t stress. At any point of time if you feel that breastfeeding is take a toll, it’s totally fine to formula feed, don’t stress yourself too much.

Thank you for the encouragement. I will continue to try. Just wonder if I need to engage LC to help as I see improvement but max 10ml I can pump tho.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles