I totally understand the worry, and honestly it's a very personal decision that depends on your individual risk factors and what feels right for you both. My friend chose to skip it too because her earlier scans looked good and she felt the risks of the procedure itself weren't worth it for her situation, but every pregnancy is different so what worked for her might not be the same for you. Since you're feeling uncertain, it might be worth having another chat with your gynae about whether there are any specific concerns that would make the test more necessary in your case, or if your earlier screening results give you enough reassurance to move forward without it. The cost is definitely a factor that not everyone can swing, and that's valid too. At the end of the day, you know your own pregnancy journey best.
we have opt out the NIPT and only going for Oscar. We thought since the main reason of doing NIPT is to find out if the baby has down syndrome and we will still have the baby even if that happens, we decided to skip it.
Hi Mummy, did your gynae provide you with other alternatives?