What to do if toddler 2 y/o still cant talk or understands you

My daughter is two years old now. She is in playgroup class . I assume all of her friends has started talking to each other but my daughter is introvert and nvr talk anyone in school. She is only giving hand gesture when she in needs or wants something. I am not sure what to do and I know its speech delay. Its my fault for giving her screentime before she turns one year old. I'm trying not to give her screentime anymore but despite staying with grandparents, they gave her watch screentime behind us, without us knowing sometimes. She is improve alot when she is not watching screentime. But is there other ways to help out what to do if my daughter speech delay?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me and my sister are 100% screen time babies and nope, we are not speech delayed and on the contrary, I’m quite a talker. Have you taken her to a therapist for early intervention? My friend did and her son started talking after watching Ms Rachel on YouTube. My nephew was also a quiet one when he’s around that age but now he talks and talks and talks non stop. Hope things turn out good for you and your girl

Read more

do see a doctor for referral. and buy toys that encourage her to speak and interact. for example, flash card.. cooking or pretend play toys. Read books every day. even if her attention is 5 mins. get her to fill in the blank. for example, "This is a...." Then wait for her response. screen time limit, maybe 15 mins of Ms. Rachel, the toddler series ones.

Read more

Hello, I am new here, can I ask a question?