Asthma attack

Currently I’m 32w4d and past 3 days having persistent cough with fever and wheezing. I’m seeing gynae at Thomson clinic . I can’t sleep at night as my wheezing is worse at night and shivering. Today my gynae is not around so I’m waiting to see him tmr. I really hope I can endure this. Anyone experience this?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I didn't have asthma but I was 28w when I had mild fever and sore throat, and went to see a GP to get medication to alleviate my symptoms. A few days later, my fever subsided but I developed dry cough, phlegm and blocked nose. Went back to the same GP twice to get medication again to alleviate the symptoms. I was told its a viral infection, so no need antibiotics (phew). It took me around 3 weeks to recover. Do get ample rest, drink more water to hydrate yourself, elevate yourself when sleeping, and sleep without aircon during this period! I find that I cough less at night when I prop myself up and sleep without aircon. Recovery from illness during pregnancy takes much longer 🥲 Take care! Get well soon!

Read more

Hi, im also going through the same. Im 2nd time pregnant and both pregnancy i have asthma throughout. It comes and go. Keep yourself elevated while sleeping.