Anyone know about bronchitis? As my son started having dry cough for few days and now having wet cough with a lot of phlegm. I even bring my son to see doctor this morning as I discover this few days he can't sleep well and like breathless and Doctor check and discover he got bronchitis and ask me to monitor but shd I give him antibiotics? Cos I heard ppl say once he eat antibiotics in future bronchitis will cm back again and his body will be getting more weaker. Anyone encounter this issue before, anyway to help and speed up his recover?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Most cases of bronchiolitis are mild and don't need specific professional treatment. Antibiotics aren't useful because bronchiolitis is caused by a viral infection, and antibiotics are only effective against bacterial infections. Medicine may sometimes be given to help open a child's airways. The best treatment for most kids is time to recover and plenty of fluids. Making sure a child drinks enough fluids can be tricky, though, because infants with bronchiolitis may not feel like drinking. They should be offered fluids in small amounts often. My tip is do use a humidifier in the room to add on moisture the room. Or you can use a diffiuser, add on some essential oils which aids in opening up their airways http://m.kidshealth.org/en/parents/bronchiolitis.html

Read more

No antibiotics won't help because it's a viral infection. Usually for bronchitis a doctor would prescribe either a bronco dilator or an expectorant to get the phlegm out. Stick to the medication your doctor gave and monitor your child. Try not to leave your child in the aircon as the dry air will delay the phlegm being expelled. Make sure your child is getting enough of rest and it might be a good idea to let them miss school for a few days until they are better. Strenuous physical activities swimming and other sports should be avoided as this would tire your child out and may even cause your child to wheeze. Give them nutritious meals and take him back to the doctor if you see no improvement.

Read more

thanks