Any parents experienced a toddler that dislike going to preschool? My toddler has been going to a Montessori's school since Jan 2016, it has been 5 months. He still dislike school and make a fuss out of it. Most of the time will cry before going to school. When he is in his school, he is happy. How do you manage to overcome this school going child fear? Pls share your experiences (if any). Thanks in advance

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Many kids this age go through this called separation anxiety.Separation anxiety is a normal emotional stage of development that starts when babies begin to understand that things and people exist even when they're not present. As difficult as it might be, resist the urge to run back at the sight of tears or to have a long, drawn-out goodbye. Instead, establish a goodbye ritual that is pleasant and consistent, yet firm. Stay calm and reassure your daughter that you will be back. Tell her when you will return in terms she can understand, such as after her afternoon lessons. I will prepare her favorite snack to bring it to preschool or bring her favorite toy to accompany her to school. When fetching her after school, I will bring her favorite snack or drink, or little present to reward her for being a good girl.

Read more
8y trước

Thanks Jasmine