Baby crying nonstop from 7pm to 12am

Hi, my 6 weeks old baby always cry from 7pm to 12am everyday for almost a week. No matter what we do (pat him, rock him, carry him walking around the house, sing song etc) he just can't stop crying. Yesterday i finally snapped and yelled at him bcz I really don't know what he wants with all these crying. Any mummy facing the same issue and how do u solve this?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, sounds like it’s a very difficult time for you and please take care of yourself and jiayou!! I had similar experience with my first born previously, he was a fussy baby who didn’t like to sleep and always cried. I think it could be a growth spurt phase that baby is going through, which then I think nothing much really helps and just got to rough it out. If it’s colic, can try to carry baby a different way (upright with his stomach lying on your chest/stomach) to encourage burping. If really nothing else works, I’d suggest just roping in help from hubby or whoever is staying with u to take turns and carry crying baby until he has soothed down. If nobody to help, then just leave baby in safe place (eg cot) for a while when u feel like u are at breaking point and need a break for your sanity (just let baby cry while u cool down, I know as mummies we feel guilty doing this but actually it is really ok!!) Hope that your baby will get better soon. Jiayou and stay strong!

Read more
12mo trước

thanks. my hubby is very supportive and help me whenever I need some cool down time. is a very tough phase. really hope he can get well soon.