Hi, my 3 years old girl is super attached to only one teacher in childcare. She only want her and no one else. She cry when she is not in and Refuse to go school! N need her to be with her physically! During lunch, will cry before that and want this teacher to feed her, we had asked her before, she said she want this teacher to feed her only! We also don’t know how.. can only keep encourage her.. what can we do? Is this an phase?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What's the school doing about it? They will usually have a set of SOP to handle such situations cos it's impossible to have the teacher around everyway. My girl's school will make sure they rotate around the teachers

Hi, I totally relate with this as I used to be like this haha. I suggest just leave her the way she is right now. Gradually she will understand, and this all will become a sweet memory to live by :)

Maybe you can suggest to the school that they can switch around the teacher to take care of her. She will eventually get used to different people.

5y trước

She will cry if she didn’t see the particular teacher :(

Thành viên VIP

How Long have your daughter been attending child care. In the beginning they will be like this but will get better

5y trước

She have been there since last yr.. last yr still good, this yr recently start to be like that. The teacher on leave we stress, as she refuse to go school.. lol

Thành viên VIP

This could be just a phase but the school should also know what to do in such situations.

5y trước

The school like nothing le.. my hb just bring her home

Thành viên VIP

Maybe let the centre handle it. She will learn after a while.

Influencer của TAP

This sounds like a temporary phase. Don't worry, mummy!