Myanmar Helpers. Is this behaviour normal?

3 months ago I hired a helper from Myanmar. She apparently has experience but her job scope for my family and I is to simply do housework. She doesn’t need to look after my parents or my toddler son. Recently, I’ve noticed that instead of waking up at 7am to start her day. She wakes up at 7.40am and sometimes even 8am. I decided to not make a big deal out of it and decided to close one eye. I also have to constantly tell her to go and bathe in the morning before we leave the house and when I do, she laughs. When my toddler son is playing or walking around she tends to grab and hug him and sometimes it looks like she wants to kiss him on the lips. When I tell her to do things for example to hang the clothes outside she always just comes up with an excuse. Today she woke up at 7.15am, brushed her teeth and decided to sit in front of me and do nothing for over an hr. She doesn’t need to cook for the family, she doesn’t need to look after my son or my old parents. All she needs to do is housework but I don’t why each time I see her she is sitting with my son and just watching play. I really don’t know what to do anymore.#pleasehelp #advice I need some advise. Help!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

If this behaviours point some red flags, perhaps you need to go back to agency and bring them along. It is indeed very distracting if they behave in such a manner furthermore with elderly and your little one only. They might be homesick or rather attitude. Despite you telling her what to do yet she still behave that way, then go back to agency and ask for exchange or return her. This might help you solve the issue you're facing with her.

Read more
1y trước

I don’t know if she is homesick but I let her use her phone. During her free time or when she’s sitting around doing nothing, she is on her phone. She speaks to her friends and family daily. But you are right. I should get the agency involved. Any idea how an exchange is like?