Hernia & its Surgery

My 2 weeks old baby boy had a follow up checkup at the hospital yesterday & the doctor says he has hernia. The paediatric surgeon further confirms he has hernia & expects us to admit my baby boy straightaway but I said to give me some time to think. Has anyone gone through this surgery with your baby boys before? I am feeling lost, sad & confused, all I can do is cry. He's still a newborn & has to be operated already. 😭 I know some say it's a minor surgery but what should I expect post-surgery? As in, what precautions should I take in order to not aggravate the pain my baby is feeling. 😞

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Influencer của TAP

My daughter went thru a hernia surgery at 2 weeks of age too. I was as lost as you are and upset thinking why must this happen to my daughter. The surgery eventually took only 30min, recovery after was also pretty manageable. Wound will be plastered with waterproof bandage , painkiller just give as prescribed. I didn’t like the idea of feeding paracetamol to my newborn but pls don’t repeat my mistake , I tried to drag the time between the medication feeds & I think she was in pain Cus she started to fuss

Read more