When do you start bringing your toddler for dentist visit? Where can we bring them to dentist visit?

60 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

my dentist says as early as u can, even if it's just accompanying you, watching you go through it. this is so that they see "eh mommy is fine, not painful" then in future they will not be scared. I brought my 2 year old to my dentist, and we managed to reached the stage where he allowed my dentist to polish his teeth! prior to that I kept reading a book about keeping the teeth clean and dentist helps to care for your teeth. he was pretty excited for his first dental visit. but once we reached there he got worried and scared by the noise. but after the dentist let him touch the tools, explain what it does, he let her polish his teeth :)

Read more

I would recommend as early as when the first tooth erupts. You can schedule a 6 monthly routine check. My rationale is to get your lo to get used to seeing the dentist and of course would be nice to keep you updated on your lo's teething. I pay $21 per visit and it's very quick, less than 20 minutes. If he is used to seeing the dentist so when the time comes that something needs to be done with his teeth, then he won't be too scared and he knows the routine already. Scout for dentists in your neighbourhood that also caters to kids. I go to West Coast Dental.

Read more

i started when he was around 3 but thats coz he had a chipped tooth! personally i tink for 1st visit, it can be around 2plus turning 3 where most of the kid's molar are out. Let them be familiarised with dentist, opening mouth to check on the dental health is normal etc. I was lucky to meet a motherly dentist, she made my son feel so comfy that he asked to go bck every other mth. I have frens who discovered holes in the molar, and gotto do patchwork so beta to start young to prevent tooth decay!!

Read more

I brought them to dentist when they are 3yrs old, cause my girl front tooth was alittle black so scare it is decay. Luckily it was dirt. The dentist I went is the normal dentist that I go, thankfully she also see children. She uses a solution to numb the gums so it wasn't painful for them. They didn't cry or scream but then again I was carrying them so more comforting. For adult she also uses the solution cause my gums hurt a lot when she starts cleaning. Thank god for the solution.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

My husband is a dentist and he recommends early check up as young as 2 years old. One good reason is so that you get your child to be acquainted with the dentist - start them young so they won't have phobia of the dentists and second reason is so that the dentist can give you good advice on how to look after your child's teeth. Below are some good tips to follow before you bring your little one to see the dentists. Hope that helps!

Read more
Post reply image
7y trước

Hi Jiliah - the clinic’s name is Pure NZ Dental. Hope that helps! Thanks

Good pediatrics dentists are hard to find. I've read this review on Dr Ong Yean Sze from Kids Dental World. http://www.thewackyduo.com/2013/03/guide-to-kids-dentist-singapore.html Sounds like a pleasant experience for the children, and a very patient and good dentist to consider. Kids Dental World (http://www.kidsdentalworld.com.sg/index.html) Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital Add: 38 Irrawaddy Road #08-33 Singapore 329563 Tel : 66843113

Read more

Ideally, it is best to take your child to the dentist when he /she is between 6 to 12 months of age. This allows the dentist to prevent and anticipate problems rather than treat them. In addition, the dentist will assess your child's caries risk, evaluate adverse habits and customize a program specific for each child. The Infant Oral Health Clinic at NDCS provides these services within its preventive programme for mothers and their infants.

Read more

I went as my child's tooth had a fracture. The first visit was just to let him get to know the dentist Second visit as well Not much done Third set on the dentist chair as 1st 2 I was carrying him At home we talked about the visit and I tell him we will go back again. I think starting at a age where your child understands a little is good. Plus the dentist rewards him every visit with stickers. He went at nearly 2 yrs old

Read more

I brought my girl to see a Dentist when she was 4. I signed her up for the Unity Denticare (under NTUC) Tooth Fairy Club during their roadshow where she also had the chance to dress up as Dentist to check my teeth. Before her visit, I read her stories and explained the need for the checkup even though she brushes her teeth daily. Good to choose a recommended dentist who's patient with kids to make the visit a pleasant one.

Read more
Post reply image

Brought at 1yo to NUH to see their paediatric dentist Dr Sim Chien Joo. Highly recommended. Wasn't scary. She made it fun. It was more of a risk assessment for dental caries and educating the parents on how to take good care of the teeth (use rice grain size fluoride toothpaste, how to brush properly etc). The actual open mouth time was under 5 minutes, with a tooth brush only. We just went for a follow up at 2yo.

Read more