My 8 weeks baby is unsettled

Hey there mummies. Im hitting the 8th week. Baby feeds 120mls per feed between 2-3hours, after feed will still demand for milk. Denies wake windows, wants to go back to sleep right after or she will cry it out. Tried tummy time. Tried nappy change. Tried giving a warm bath. Burped her several times. Pooping well. Wet diapers every nappy change. But she seemed so fussy out of a sudden. Swaddled, white noise. Dark room at night. Bright room for day naps. Tried flashcards and taking her for a 5-10mins walk but she just wants to sleep right after feeding. A little late she will be angry. Im burn out :’(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It sounds like you are experiencing a challenging time with your 8-week-old baby being unsettled. It's normal to feel overwhelmed, but you're doing a great job trying to comfort and care for your little one. Since you have already tried various techniques such as tummy time, nappy changes, warm baths, burping, swaddling, white noise, and adjusting the sleep environment with no success, here are some additional suggestions that may help: 1. **Establish a Routine:** Babies often respond well to routines, so try to establish a consistent daily schedule for feeding, napping, and playtime. This can help your baby feel more secure and know what to expect. 2. **Comfort Techniques:** Consider using gentle rocking, swaying, or baby wearing to help soothe your baby. Sometimes the motion can help calm them down. 3. **Check for Discomfort:** Make sure there are no signs of discomfort such as colic, reflux, or teething that could be causing your baby to be fussy. If you suspect any issues, consult with your pediatrician for guidance. 4. **Ask for Support:** Don't hesitate to reach out to your partner, family members, or friends for support. It's okay to ask for help when you're feeling overwhelmed. 5. **Self-Care:** Remember to take care of yourself as well. Make sure you get enough rest, eat well, and take breaks when needed. It's important to prioritize your own well-being too. If you continue to feel overwhelmed and your baby remains unsettled, consider consulting with a pediatrician or a lactation consultant for further advice and support. Hang in there, mama! You're doing a great job, and things will get better. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Sounds like your baby might be going through a leap phase, it’s normal and it’s part of their development. I just learnt about leaps from my friends who have had babies and my baby just went through leap 1 which seems accurate. Try downloading the app “The wonder weeks” which guides u about leaps, it’s quite informative

Read more
3mo trước

Omg thankyou!

Baby is so so young. I wouldn’t worry too much if she wants to sleep more, unless it affects her sleep at night.

3mo trước

Sometimes she wakes up at night to play! Im just trying to go with the flow of her cues 😞