Hospitalization leave - when did you inform your boss?

Hi there, FTM here and currently week 35, EDD end July. I told my boss previously that I plan to start maternity leave around mid July. I asked Gynae abt hospitalization leave and he told me he’ll only grant this from week 37 onwards. Can anyone share how they communicate hospitalization leave to their boss? Do you tell them in advance that your gynae will start hospitalization leave in week xx? Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

is best to tell them in advance and had it record black n white. I had a bad experience with this hospitalization leave I informed my superior that I would be on hospital leave 2 weeks before my maternity leave without applying in HR system, during my maternity leave he deducted my 2 weeks Hospitalisation Leave and ask if I will off set it with Maternity Leave. I do not want to end my maternity leave early, so I let him deduct it as NO PAY LEAVE even I had doctor's Hospitalisation Leave cert he said he's not aware that I'm going for Hospitalisation Leave 🙄

Read more

I only informed my boss after my gynae has issued me the hospitalisation leave because I do not want my management to think I purposely plan to stop to work earlier or to save on my maternity leave. It depends on what kind of boss and management you have.

5d trước

Same w anon. I just informed my boss that doc recommended me to rest.

Hello! FTM here too! I didnt inform my boss in advance except for a week before so that I can handover my work properly! :)

congratulations.. we both same dd.. I just update when we want take ML.. I start take 2weeks before dd which is week 38.