insufficient milk supply?

supply dropped by a lot. now every time i pump it's usually just enough for my baby next feed. and on days i pump lesser than 100ml i get very upset bc my lo is 2mths old and she drinks 140-160ml per feed every 3hrs! feelinvery stressful and disheartened.. sometimes i drag the timing, instead of pumping 3hrly i pump every 5hrs in order to hit the 100ml> if not i only get 60-80ml every 3hrly. i latch my lo every morning though and im drinking red dates with lance asiabell. milk still doesn't seem enough... during confinement, i always could freeze extra but now ive used up all my frozen milk (april till may, apox 150ml each packet 3-5 packet a day). any breast feeding mummies can advice? i rly want to continue until lo is at least 6mths but hope to last until she is 1yrs is best scenario..

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi perhaps can try to see why ur supply decreased? If it's due to reduction in pumping sessions, try going back to original pump schedule even if u get less milk. I find that dragging pumps usually result in less supply. It might also be due to food u eat.. Try to avoid milk killers such as peppermint, cabbage etc. and go for milk boosters such as fish instead. If nothing had changed from ur confinement time, then it could be due to lack of sleep or stress (especially if u had help from confinement nanny earlier!!) In that case, just continue doing what u are doing now, dont stress, and hopefully supply would increase back :)

Read more
Super Mom

Have you tried lactation cookies or supplement? I heard of Legendairy Milk, which many people testified how it helped. I personally have not tried but am thinking of because my supply has its ups and downs too. Oh but what I notice is that, if I’m stressed and worried - my supply generally drops. Now whenever I latch LO, i’ll pump the other breast & it seems to help the let down. I also understand that LO won’t be drinking as much during a latch compared to bottle feeding EBM. My LO is 1.5 mths old and taking approx 80-100ml each EBM feed. Dun worry mummy, as long as baby’s growing well.. :)

Read more

Don’t stress yourself too much. But don’t give up either:) Continue doing what you’ve been doing. Keep pumping even if Low milk supply and make sure you pump on both

Thành viên VIP

Try power pumping and take more warm liquids!

Super Mom

Just do your best