Parents, how do you feel about letting your children (ages ten and below) commuting by themselves? Especially around Manila where a lot of bad things can happen?

11 Các câu trả lời
 profile icon
Viết phản hồi

Not that I don't trust my kid enough by the time he reaches 10, it's just that I cannot trust the people around him. Letting kids commute on their own at that age isn't really acceptable for me. I'd rather have him wait for a little while until he's big enough. Nowadays, the world we live in is very unpredictable so I gotta make sure my kid is safe no matter what.

Đọc thêm

I am not really confident about my child commuting at an early age. We may want to delay it as much as possible. Even if we want to teach independence to our child, it's really hard to give him that kind of freedom and responsibility to take care of himself alone. It's a no for us.

I think it depends on where they're traveling to. For example, if you live in a gated community with security around at all times, a walk around the bloc may not be so bad. However, if this is to travel far from home, I don't think it's the wisest decision.

It's too risky to do that in our present situation. Safety of our young ones should be on top of our list as parents. Children at that age should still have someone accompany them going to school or better yet have a school service do that for you.

It's not safe for young kids to go out on their own because they can get into accidents. It would be better if parents can be there for their children most of the time, but if they can't, at least they should have someone to look after their kids.

No, I wouldn't let my kid commute by themselves. There's plenty of terrible people in the city, and it's just not worth the risk. I think it would be best to wait until the kid is older before you let him/her start commuting alone.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-11835)

In my opinion that would be really uncalled-for, and really dangerous, as much as possible it would be really best to accompany them when going to school, or even just strolling around the street!

I don't think I will allow my daughter to travel/commute alone or even with her friends (same age), as it is too dangerous.

Hmm.. we probably won't allow them to commute until they are old enough to physically defend themselves.