Ask the expert series: Tips to handle your baby’s night wakings?

NOTE: Drop your questions below this post. ⚠️ Does your baby keep you up all night? 💤👶 Those midnight cries and endless wake-ups can feel overwhelming, leaving you exhausted and in search of answers. Well, fret not, because I've got your back! 🤗 Join me for an exclusive #AskTheExpert session, where we'll dive deep into the below topic: 📣 Topic: How to Handle Your Baby's Night Wakings? 🗓️ Date: 20th September, 2023 🕒 Time: 8pm to 9pm Here's what you can expect: 💤 Strategies to soothe your little one. 🌜 Tips for establishing healthy sleep routines. 😓 Insights into common causes of night wakings and how to address them. Warm regards, Ms. Amber Lim Clinical Psychologist MPsy(Clinical)

Ask the expert series: Tips to handle your baby’s night wakings?
32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is diaper change needed during nighttime wakings?

9mo trước

If your baby’s diaper is soiled during these awakenings, he/she may feel uncomfortable and it would be a good idea to change his/her diaper.

when to offer feeding after my baby wakes up?

9mo trước

This depends on your baby’s needs. If your baby is demonstrating hunger cues, please go ahead to feed your baby. If you notice baby falling asleep while feeding and are concerned about baby developing a sleep-feeding association, you can gently wake him/her before placing him/her back in the crib. This can be as simple as burping baby after the feed.

What are the pros and cons of co-sleeping?

9mo trước

Sharing of bed with an infant is not recommended because of the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). However it is recommended for babies to room in with their parents, in a different bed, before the age of 1. You can place a crib in your room if you wish to have your child close while sleeping. After the age of 1, the risk of SIDS decreases, and it can feel convenient, or even comforting to have your child close to you. However you may find it harder to break the habit when you decide to stop co-sleeping. Ultimately, co-sleeping with your child is a personal decision as it depends on your (and your partner’s) personal values. It’ll be helpful to discuss the pros and cons as a family to make this decision.

Thanks for the much-needed advice

How can teething affect my baby's sleep?

9mo trước

Different babies are differently affected by teething. Some babies may be relatively unaffected, while some may find the discomfort hard to manage and therefore need help to soothe themselves. The discomfort should generally be temporary, and your baby’s sleep should recover after the teething period. Maintaining consistency in the methods you use to soothe your baby may be important here. However, if you find yourself using different methods to soothe your baby during this period (e.g. rocking instead of hand settling), it is likely your baby may expect to be rocked even after this period. If that happens, you may need to restart sleep training to help your baby relearn the bedtime routine. This should take a few days if you can maintain consistency.

how to sign up for this talk pls?

9mo trước

Tq

How can we sign up for this talk?

9mo trước

Hello, you can post your questions here and I'll get to them :)

Is this a Zoom session?

9mo trước

Hello, it’s a Q&A session so you can leave your questions here and I’ll get to them!

Thành viên VIP

👌🏽

Thành viên VIP

👌🏽