Do you take oranges/orange juice while breastfeeding?

My nanny said not advised as it can cause stomach problems in baby.. was wondering if I want to eat then do I need to pump and dump?! How about other Fruits like cherries or kiwis I also read that not advisable.. do you mummies also avoid? Thanks!!#firsttimemom #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

what? why do you want to pump and dump precious breast milk?! @_@ i drink orange juice everyday nowadays but baby didn't suddenly get stomach problems. Common allergens include chocolate, herbs, caffeine, cows milk, soy milk. When should you pump and dump - you drank alcohol within 2 hours prior, you ate high mercury fish. There is no scientific evidence to suggest orange juice would cause gassiness in baby. In fact, any kinds of food can cause problems in baby. if you want to test it out, drink orange juice for a few days, then eliminate orange juice for a few days and see baby's reaction. If baby doesnt have any change, means your baby reacts well to the food you ate.

Read more

While you are pumping or breastfeeding, try to be more active in researching about these things online. Keep yourself well informed instead of just believing what others say. thats what I did with regards to food intake, swaddling, tummy time and baby milestones. keep doing own research. often old people will share do's and don't but theyre mostly outdated and not backed up by science.

Read more

I eat all kinds of fruits and my baby is fine. First time hearing about this