My wife's nipple is recessed and our son has trouble latching on... What can I do to help? Has anyone ever considered helping to "suck" on the nipple to help it come out?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I am guessing you are talking about inverted nipples? I think you can pump first to get the nipple out before you latch. As pumping can "suck" the nipple outwards which will probably make it easier for baby to latch on. You can also use a nipple shield and a nipple puller. Also have you taken help from any LC?

Read more

I had 'stuck' nipples n pumping didn't help. My LC helped me to massage and tried pumping. It was v v painful as the milk was v full in the breasts n it couldn't come out. My hub had to suck out the milk literally. It really helped and my milk came out splashing. If all fails, sucking might be ur best option.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4481)

Different for me... My hub tried sucking out but the milk doesn't come out. If I hand express it works though. What's the technique?

Same situation here as Chin Yin. Any tips on how to suck the breast? I'm worried about hurting her