New Daddy's Woes!

My wife just gave birth one month ago and I feel like I don't have a life anymore! I want my guys' night out and soccer time with my buddies. Everything is about the baby now. Is this it for me? How do I tell my wife I need some me time without upsetting her?

198 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

shocking replies, this question isnt about his wife, its about him. i am sure he is a great father and spend time with his wife and helps out everyway possible. unfortunately, women have no choice they need to be with their newborn as they have to feed them every hour or so, which makes it harder for us men. speak to your wife and let her know your feelings, dont hold onto them and then head out, it will make things worse. i balance between helping out where i can, to allow her time to rest between feeding and then go the go out to catch a break. she knows that by me havint a break now means i an more refreshed and the baby/wife are calmer. when the time is right and the baby is a little older and doesnt need to be fred as often (or can bottle feed him) then i will sacrifice my freedom so that she can catch up with lots of well earned breaks. but talking is the most important. dont feel bad for wanting to go out. dont overdo it though. have to find a balance

Read more