My kid has been on breastmilk for 18 months. Recently due to the drastic dip in my supply which I don't know what happened, we tried giving toddler a feed of formula but toddler resisted. Is it ok to feed toddler breastmilk mixed with formula? Thanks!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You could mix the breastmilk with formula, technically there is nothing wrong with that. You might end up wasting breastmilk if you do, especially if your toddler cannot finish everything. You can't keep formula milk that's already prepared and if you mix breast milk, you might end up throwing away precious breastmilk. Also, do not just directly mix the formula powder with the breast milk. This will change the composition of the breast milk, the entire mixture might become so much more concentrated that it can be bad for your toddler's kidneys. Always follow the exact instructions of mixing the formula first, before adding the breast milk :) Start of with small amounts and see how your child reacts, this way you won't waste formula or breastmilk. More info here: http://www.babycenter.com/404_can-i-mix-breast-milk-and-formula_8883.bc

Read more

yes, you can definitely mix your breastmilk with the formula milk but make sure to make the formula milk as per instructions first and then mix the breastmilk. also, at 18 months, i think you should now start weaning off your baby. if you do that, you can start with cow milk and regular milk instead.

Read more

Why not try breastmilk instead of formula milk? That could be an alternative. It is the closest to breastmilk. And not as thick and formula milk. Breastmilk is also very thin and near tasteless. So that could be why he does not like formula milk.

On Android, iOS, and PSP, we provide the most recent games with MOD APK and Premium Apps (PPSSPP Emulator). https://playstoreapk.com/hill-climb-racing-2-apk/

Thành viên VIP

Since toddler is already 18months, offer fresh milk instead? as a different alternative to formula. Fresh milk not so sweet compared to formula milk