Travelling in 23/24 weeks via plane

Hi mummies! Thinking of travelling in 23/24 weeks, can I go ahead and book the ticket first then consult the gynae? Or do I need a green light from gynae before I book my flight ticket? Also do we need a letter from gynae on the pregnancy? Thank you! #pleasehelp #advicepls #firsttimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went ahead and booked my trip to UK knowing that it’s a risk. I’ll be 26 weeks by then. I used this “risk” to encourage me to keep healthy throughout pregnancy so by the time I see doctor, she will give me the all-clear haha. I just saw my gynae at week 21 and she told me my pregnancy look pretty healthy so far so she is sure she will clear me for an overseas trip when I see her next at week 25! Even if things turn out for the worse (touch wood!), I believe I’ll be more worried about baby than the money. In saying that I really hope our babies and us stay well!

Read more
1y trước

Agree that baby is more impt than the money! All will be good, don’t worry mommy you got this!!

I think you can go ahead and book! My gynae told me can go until 28 weeks. As long as you don’t have high risk pregnancy it should be ok. Just ask for travel memo during your gynae visit!’ All good man, don’t worry! Just go book 🤭

Just went for a check last week (Week 20) and told my doctor we are planning for another trip in end Feb. By then I will be week 28-29. Doctor said can. Better to get the letter from gynae in case the airline rejects.

You can proceed with gynae certification then once approved you book the flight ticket to your destination. Having said that you can also check on the airlines T&C before booking.

1y trước

Thank u for yr reply! Bcos my gynae appt is quite far away and I’m a subsidised patient (no fixed gynae) afraid that tickets might get sold out while waiting for my appt in Jan LOL 🥲