Lactose free or soy based milk

hi mummies! i need your kindnopinions on this matter. My son is 5 months old and is having diarrhoea for the past 3 weeks for every 2-3 days once. Only recently the diarrhoea is 5 days straight. He also has rashes on his face Doctor suspect he is lactose intolerant and recommends i Change his milk to lactose free or soy based milk. Baby is currently drinking S26 Gold. Any recommendations on which milk to switch to? I am very scared that he will reject the new milk as I only have enough fund to buy 1 milk#pleasehelp

Lactose free or soy based milk
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dear Mummy, I’m sorry this took awhile for a response. I tried to google for you and in my opinion these 2 may be the best option for you, Nan lactose free has 400g which cost 20ish and wont be too wasted if you child rejects the milk, similac tho is a little bit on expensive side and it’s hypoallergenic which could help reduce triggers that may cause his rash. What I can suggest is, introduce the new formula, whichever you chose, when he is hungry so there’s more likelihood for him to accept the milk and let the baby get used to the taste. This is just based on own research, its best to seek medical advise. Having a baby that is suffering from eczema, I just gotta say it’s all about trial and error. I hope you’re doing ok there Mummy, don’t worry too much!

Read more
Post reply image

This one you can find easily, I saw it at guardian pharmacy, I think Ntuc should have

Post reply image

List of milk for your reference

Post reply image