Coffee and bubbletea

Hi mummies, I have craving for coffee and bubbletea. Am I allowed to drink as I'm bf my LO? My LO is 6 weeks old.. First time mom here.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your new little one! It's totally normal to have cravings, especially with a newborn keeping you busy. When it comes to coffee and bubble tea while breastfeeding, it's generally okay to have some caffeine, but it's important to do so in moderation. For coffee, it's recommended to limit your intake to about 2-3 cups a day. Keep in mind that the caffeine from the coffee can transfer to your breastmilk, so it's best to consume it after a feeding to give your body more time to process it. As for bubble tea, it's best to opt for versions that are lower in sugar and avoid any additional ingredients that may not be breastfeeding-friendly. Tapioca pearls and certain sweeteners may not sit well with your little one, so it's best to be cautious with those. Remember, every baby is different, so keep an eye on how your little one reacts after you have your coffee or bubble tea. If you notice any changes in their behavior or sleep patterns, you may want to adjust your intake. Overall, it's all about finding a balance that works for you and your baby. Enjoy your treats, but always listen to your body and your baby's cues. And if you have any concerns, it's always a good idea to chat with a healthcare professional. Happy breastfeeding and indulging in those cravings! You're doing great, mama! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Yeah, I took my first cup of coffee right after I end confinement (legit on the dot 12:01am lol) 😅 subsequently more bubble tea etc, exclusively pumping. If you’re worried about the caffeine, drink after you nurse. 😊

4mo trước

Thanks for the tips! Does your LO get active after u drink coffee & bubbletea?