hi mummies! may i ask when do kids learn how to spit ? I m currently dry brushing my 15mo 's teeth at night. at times I use some baby toothpaste though he cant spit. i guess i shld probably teach him as he does it for fun at times but i m wondering when r they developmentally ready to learn :)

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

i been using baby toothpaste without floride until he turned 2. he won't let me brush his teeth. I believe he have been eating the toothpaste too. just use a bit at a time, and keep showing him how to rinse his mouth. so far so good! he is 28 months old!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-22522)

Thành viên VIP

My elder started to learn to spit when he turns 2.5yo. Thats where i started on the baby toothpaste. We can demonstrate for them and they will slowly pick the skill up from seeing how we did it

What toothpaste are you giving? Actually not. Advisable but wont die la. Hahaha. Still keep close supervision otherwose they may end up eating it all like sweets.

My 3 year old only started to spit now. Sometimes he dont spit still. And keeps eating the tooth paste. Ill say, slow down mommy! Take it easy :)

8y trước

txs Ling! so it's ok for them to eat the tooth paste

Thành viên VIP

Use fluoride-free baby toothpaste so it's okay even if LO swallows :) My son is 25mo but still doesn't know how to spit yet

Thành viên VIP

I brush my teeth with my LO everytime so she sees how I do it and she follows the same! But do use child's toothpaste!

Thành viên VIP

i showed mine how to do it. mine transit to fluoride ones after 2yrs old as she knows how to spit and rinse