Feeding queries.

Hi mummies. How much breastmilk ( expressed and bottled fed ) should my two weeks old drink? Currently shes taking 50mls well but googled mentioned that the intake should be more. Sometimes at 60mls she will have spitouts more so i kept it at 50mls.. scared im underfeeding my baby.. help me :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your new baby! It's great that you're seeking advice and support here. It's common for new moms to worry about whether their baby is getting enough milk, so you're not alone in feeling this way. At two weeks old, it's normal for babies to consume around 60-90 ml of breastmilk per feeding. Every baby is different, so it's important to pay attention to your baby's cues and adjust accordingly. If your baby seems satisfied after drinking 50 ml and doesn't show signs of hunger, then it's okay to stick with that amount for now. Spitouts can be normal and might not necessarily mean that your baby is being overfed. Try burping your baby frequently during feedings to help reduce spitouts. Also, make sure the nipple flow of the bottle is suitable for your baby's age to prevent her from taking in too much milk at once. If you're still concerned about underfeeding, consider reaching out to a lactation consultant or your pediatrician for personalized guidance. They can help assess your baby's feeding patterns and provide you with reassurance and tips to ensure she's getting the right amount of milk. Remember, trust your instincts and your baby's cues. You're doing a great job, and seeking advice shows how much you care for your little one. Keep up the good work, and don't hesitate to reach out for support whenever you need it. You're not alone in this journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
4t trước

Hi. Thank you for your kind words. Currently baby hitting 1 month soon and shes now showing me symptoms of reflux. Sometimes the spitouts can be curdled milk. It can be on every feeding, or every other feeding. Even aft taking breaks every 30mls of feed wih burping. Its worst at night. I hope as she grows it gets better, atleast. Not that i want zero spitouts. Just lesser. Thank you for your kind words. Really anxiety went off the roof!

2 weeks old my baby drinks 35-60ml, 2-3 hourly. All numbers are just a gauge based on average, you will still have to adjust according to your baby. If she’s taking 50ML well and not crying for more after feeding then I would stick to 50. As long as diaper output is ideal and not dark yellowish pee, that means you’re not underfeeding.

Read more

Thank you so much fr this! 🥹