Baby bottle rejection

Hi mummies, ftm here and baby just hit 3 Months. Previously bottle fed him during 1st month when milk supply was low. 2nd month while I was taking care of him, I breastfed completely as it was too difficult to pump and feed as my husband was busy with work to help. Now at 3 Months, baby is rejecting bottle. I'm putting him in infant care on 1st week of Jan 2024. Feeling very stress about his bottle rejection.. He used to take pigeon SS. Now, tried more than 9 types of bottle brands, having better luck with Hegen. But he only bite on the teat but not sucking. Read alot of other websites and tried different positions, temperature, etc etc..still not working much. Been 2 weeks of trying and it's stressing me out. Worried for baby if he will starve himself at infant care then no choice i'll have to go over to feed him since I stay nearby and not back at work yet. The stress is so much that I'm so negative.. It's causing tension with my husband. Sigh.. He asked me not to be so negative and keep thinking of worst case scenario such as baby not going to take bottle and I'll have to tank it. But I can't help planning/thinking for the worst.. :( Any mummies with bottle rejection and found success? Or no success? Pls share your experience.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m sorry to hear that. Not able to help you much here. But I had a completely different problem where my boy refused to latch and would only bottle-feed. This really made me depressed and made me feel less of a mother. Anyway, after trying a few bottles, I finally settled on Pigeon soft touch bottles (now using size M for my 3 month old) as it was the closest by design to my nipples and he finally started latching for a bit. I thought the reverse may work for you although I do understand you’ve already tried Pigeon.

Read more
4mo trước

Hi hi that's gd, that he is latching now. Yup I'm using pigeon also m size now and he is drinking more. Today the daycare told me my baby tried to nom their nipples. I felt abit sad coz baby does it to my hubby and now daycare teacher. Not exclusive to me 😑 Guess babies got their preference n we just got to work arnd it. Don't feel sad that he is not latching, u r every way still his mum! ❤️

Hi mummy, I’m in the same situation. Previously fed baby very occasionally (less than 5 times) using Pigeon SS when baby was week 5-12, and thought baby was OK with bottle. Recently, we tried again at week 16 and baby doesn’t want to latch the bottle, keep biting on the teat and not sucking. No answers yet from us… and we will be putting baby in infant care in March. Wanted to check if you have any updates since then and positive news on what worked. Thank you!

Read more
1mo trước

We actually maintained at least one bottle feed per day while majority of the time latching. However, recently at 5.5mths, LO started to reject bottle, bite the teats or cry instead of drinking (even when she is already very hungry). So, I'm also in the same boat....

Change pigeon teat to S. Works for me. Might work for u