Baby latching well but getting agitated with syringe

Hi Mummies, My baby boy is 1 week old and he is latching well but if sometimes we have to top up with formula - we use syringe. But as the baby is growing, he gets irritated with syringe as he has nothing to suck on. What do I do ? Any suggestion mummies ? I don’t want to introduce bottle this early - it will obstruct the latching that is established now #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I dont think using syringe in long run helps. Pardon me if this is incorrect. But if you are using formula milk, introduce bottle fed. And this definitely do not interefere direct latching. Why do I say so? Because in this modern era, we have many types of brand bottle that has bottle teats similar to mummy nipples. Well not 100% but it replicates it. And in the long run, if your baby grow up and you have to wean off, you will still have to introduce milk bottle. Baby's get irritated/agitated because they dislike it. So make a change. Both of my kids direct latch and use bottle for FM/BM. The only reason most babies sometimes on the other hand prefers direct latch because of mummies smell, bonding between you and them. So try to introduce milk teat instead of syringe.

Read more