Fresh milk

Hi Mummies!! Can 1 year old starts drinking fresh milk? Is it considered a substitute for FM? How do I introduce it to my son? #1stimemom #advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi yes I intro mine at 1 year old . Suprisingly he likes it . No , I dun warm the milk . Usually I would pour a glass of milk in his sippy cup and I would bathe my LO . As soon as he is dressed up , I serve him the milk . At 1 year old , he should be getting not more than 700ml milk . The rest of his nutrients are from the food he is getting . So u can start reducing his milk intake . I served 200ml , 3 times a day . Substitute the rest with plain water , hope it helps

Read more

Yes, can! Your son should be getting all the nutrients, proteins from the food he eats. He can actually stop the FM & drink fresh milk instead.

3y trước

Yes follow the same routine as breastmilk, you can mix and slowly phase out breastmilk in one feed or feed a bit first and see if your child accepts. Remember to look at the ingredients list and get those with 100% fresh milk or 100% full cream milk. Some may say full cream milk on the label but it’s ingredients are milk solids which are not as good.

U can try Dutch lady full cream milk. It has more fat and vitamins for growth. And actually very delicious, your son might love it.

3y trước

Great! Will try it out ! but do I need to heat it up first? how do I heat up fresh milk? as some say it will kill the nutrients?

Thành viên VIP

yes, replace 1 feed to see if he accept then slowly replace with more feeds

yes,Can make sure it's pasteurised :)

yes 1 yo can. choose full cream

Yes can!