KKH -1st trim scanning

Isit true that under gov sub, during our first trimester you won't be able to hear the baby heartbeat? Currently at week 9. #advicepls #firsttimemom #firstbaby

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is only in the second trimester that a Doppler ultrasound (the ultrasound that produces the sound) can be used to detect the heartbeat. In the first trimester, due to abundance of heat signals, heartbeat can be ‘seen’ on screen but not heard. This was what was explained to me by my gynae, who interpreted the ‘visual heartbeat’..

Read more

I just did my scan at KKH, they only show the waveform and say there’s heart beat. There’s baby on screen. Do not play sound and do not print the waveform. Only baby Ultrasound scan was given

2y trước

ooo, they didn't ask me to hold my breathe. only saw the waveform 😂

2years back, when I did my 1st scan, can't remember is week 8 or 9. the Dr do let me heard baby's heartbeat but this round, no, not sure is it too early, during week 6

2y trước

hmm.. maybe i sld ask them again

Hi! I did my first scan at kkh( private) at 6 weeks and the doctor let us hear the heart beat. Not sure if there is a difference between sub or private.

2y trước

i shall ask during my next scan!

I heard my baby's heartbeat at 7 weeks+ but I went to private gynae.

2y trước

ooh,I'm still thinking whether to change kkh gov or kkh private

won’t be able to hear meaning dr dont scan for you to hear?

2y trước

hmmm i shall ask them again on my next appt!