Is it important to teach a child to spend wisely right from the age of 7-8 when he starts asking pocket money? How many parents here are already doing the same?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, I think teaching your child to spend wisely will help him gain financial sense which will be helping him in his future a great deal. Though my child is still 5 year old, but I give her little money to have her an understanding of money and how it works. When I go to market I let her buy ice-cream for herself and exchange money with the vendor, so that she knows that she has given a Rs 50. Or I let her buy a packet of cookies and make her pay. And if she gets less money back, she gets sad that I paid the vendor bigger amount and gave less. ;) But I think these things build financial sense in kids and should be encouraged. We in India, do not give practical knowledge to kids. I have met people as old as 25 who don't know how to open their account. So, I guess it says all. And we should definitely tach our children how to use money wisely and things alike, and 7, 8 years is good enough.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

hi, yes i believe its a good thing to teach ur child the value of money, bu giving pocket money they will learn to manage within their mean and save. I will surely start the same with my lil girl once she is around that age.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-12505)

your child develop allthe values between age of 5-10 . So whatever you teach him/her at this age he will follow that value So it is the best age of 7-8 year to teach your child about how to spend wisely