Hospitalization leave 1st trimester

I’m under huge amount of work stress and one of the reasons is that I am unable to focus at work due to fatigue. I was called out for dozing off today at work and was told to get my act together. As I am a teacher, I don’t have annual leave, I have 3 more days of sick leave and have daily long hours. My boss is unable to reduce my workload for me and has told me to get used to my symptoms. I am not supposed to get my team to carry my weight as long as I am in office. My gynae is unwilling to give me hospitalization leave for rest as I am not having a medical problem. Her solution is to negotiate with my boss. I have thought of resigning but I still need to complete the school year. It feels like I can only get HL if I cause myself to bleed or something. I dunno what else I can do.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First time mommy here. Oh my im soooo sorry to hear this. What’s the downside of resigning? Also, might want to switch to a gynae that will be able to provide with the leaves (but need to check with them first before switching). Else, just go polyclinic and state ur case. You’ll be able to get mc. Not sure if ur work has WFH option, if yes, then u can get a letter from a doctor as well that u need to wfh for a period of time. Once again im soooo sorry that you’re going through this. It’s a phase and it’ll pass by really quickly!!🥹🤍

Read more

I am so sorry to hear this. How many more weeks till you finish your first trimester? This circumstance is so difficult for you. Perhaps discuss it with your family and see if you’re able to take a sabbatical Alternatively, switch to a gynae that understands