Where should I see my first gynae?

Hi, I’m currently 5 weeks pregnant now but I have yet to see a Gynae. Do you all usually go to polyclinic to test or those private ones like thomson women’s clinic? I saw the price range is different. For first time do I just go for a cheaper one or just stick to the same one all the way till I give birth?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi i am currently wk4 and have been scheduled to see my gynae in 2 weeks time. i've chosen to go to private who was recommended by multiple friends and have been following through a pre-existing condition that i have, no regrets so far despite the price :) from what i hear from my friends no issues with going to polyclinic to test but the wait is generally longer (meaning you might be scheduled to be scanned in wk8 instead), but will be cheaper price wise.

Read more

Hiii, i went to polyclinic to get a referral to KKH. Got my 1st appt 3 wks later. come at least 45mins- 30mins earlier of your appt time for the registration, health checks and baby scan. My 1st appointment waiting time was a little long abt 1hr. 2nd visit was shorter abt 30mins. Just manage your expectations when it comes to waiting time.

Read more

would suggest to see gynae only after week 6 . otherwise transvaginal ultrasound wont show anything and gynae must “mark” you as ectopic pregnancy till gynae sees something in uterus. however if you are covered by insurance and dont have to fork out a cent, then by all means, see a gynae at any time.

Read more

I went to polyclinic and get a referral to kkh. Schedule to have my first scan at week 8/9. I’ve read that for the start, you can go subsided route and then change to private nearing to 3rd trimester

I googled and found a gynae that seem suitable and then made an appointment. Not disappointed ✌🏻

Heard that subsidised route may need to wait longer to see gynae during appts 🥲

following cus I'm lost too.