perfect dad

I'm a father ..I have the cutest daughter who turned a year old.. While Im happy with the perfect family, I am unable to fit in as a perfect dad... I feel my individuality is lost, Its all about my wife and child now.. I feel restrained in many ways and immature as I can't handle most things; People look at me as a responsible father and husband and the word responsible creeps me out... Is this feeling normal? How do I battle this?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hey daddy...first up, stop beating yourself up so much. if others are looking at you as a responsible father and husband, it definitely means you are doing a great job in both the roles :) stop feeling so bad and pressuring yourself. instead, if you want to get more hands on, tell your wife about it. she will love and respect you the more for it. you could take over some diaper duties, or bottle feeding time, or story reading time maybe? these are also great ways to bond with your baby. in the meanwhile, take your me time and relax a bit too :) and don't battle it, but live this new phase of being a dad, while maintaining your own self as well.

Read more