I went out today and drank 1 mojito and 1 champagne. Must I pump and dump?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As a guide, it will take approximately two to three hours for one serving of wine to pass through the body. Therefore, you may need to wait for quite some time for the alcohol to pass through your system before nursing. Suring the wait, it is probably best that you pump and dump (or use the milk for some other functions) just to be on the safe side. :) For more information: http://www.llli.org/faq/alcohol.html

Read more

It is safe to breastfeed as long as you are sober enough. Even at a mummy's tippiest, only very little amount of alcohol will enter the bloodstream. I did not pump and dump whenever I drink as by the time I finish my last drink, make my way home and wash myself up, it will already be 2-3 hours and most alcohol would have left the bloodstream.

Read more

My breastfeeding friends have this rule: if you are not tipsy/drunk then you are safe to breastfeed. BUT from your description, I'd take the safe route and not nurse immediately. I'd pump and dump and wait till the next morning before breastfeeding.

Thành viên VIP

Yup, for the amount of alcohol you have had, I would advice to pump and dump, especially if your baby is under 3 months or was born premature