Only red date tea during confinement period

I was told that during confinement period mummies can only drink red date tea only. No water allowed, not even warm water. Is it true? #advicepls #1stimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

not enough hydration will cause water retention. that's our body's survival mechanism, trying to save up the water for critical bodily functions. your body will also produce lesser breastmilk because your body will prioritise your own body. drink lots of water to reduce water retention and produce more breast milk.

Read more

because old folks mentioned that drinking water will cause water retention. but now its modern times.. so its up to your beliefs. But when my confinement comes, old folks saying maybe true. cuz idw to suffer when I'm old.

I still insist of just having red date tea.. and also soup.. old wives tales, if can follow, try follow.. warm water really is till body cannot take it as some ppl easily heaty then I guess no harm to have some water..

Ftm here too. My aunts & friend's mom were also telling me to just drink red date drink during confinement & no water. Unless it's to swallow pill or what, a few sip of water is fine.

Nope totally untrue. Of course you can drink warm water. What I know is not carbonated water, fizzy water or cold water that we cant drink.

2y trước

I see… thank you for the advice 😊