What's the guide for visiting obgy from first trimester to edd?

I start my appt with kkh week 5, week 7. My next appt is week 9. Can I delay to week 11 or 10? Is it normal for appt every 2 weeks. But each appt is just scan (ok normal) when consult doc they don't talk much and jus ask me take folic acid. They don't check blood? If I enuf hormone o etc? This is my 3rd conceive. previous 2, was a lost. I'm worried.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

They will have a follow up every single appt for you. Not every appt will be ultrasound. They will have plan like doctor consultation, visiting AMC for FTS counselling, ADC to check on baby, OGTT for GD, etc. Reason why some appt are close or apart depends on availability of doctor or slot. As long as the appts dates or gap is consistent should not be any issue. If you would like to change date for appt will be 3 days in advance unless you try to call and fix your next slot subject to availability as well as earliest appt date. Visiting Dr always have your QnA prep if you are in doubt. Perhaps your appt every two weeks maybe due to previous miscarriage, hence they would like to ensure you are okay through this pregnancy. Folic acid to be taken till 12 weeks subsequently other pre natal vitamins prescribe. Any allergies or concern, do raise concern to on duty doctor. I must say gynae would be different from Clinic C doctor because they are more to "touch and go" unlike gynae. Hence the different. I had at KKH appt as follow. I give birth in Feb 23' : Week 7 (admitted) Week 9 (admitted) Week 11 (FTS Counselling at AMC) Week 15 (consultation) Week 20 (ADC) Week 25 (OGTT) Week 28 Week 33 Week 36 Week 38 Week 40

Read more
1y trước

Yeah perhaps when you enter second tri then start consuming milk.

Other than folic acid maybe u can take vitamin D or prenatal vitamin too. Doctor will prescribe Duphaston or proluton jabs once per week during 1st trimester. If you worry maybe u can check with ur doctor ?

1y trước

I feel better to listen to gynae if they alr say take vitamins after wk 12. Be safe than sorry

I believe the appt every 2 weeks is due to your previous miscarriage, they just wants to make sure everything goes well for you this pregnancy

I had my apptment ytd (6w2d) and next apptment will b on wk 9. My first one last time i only went around wk 8/9 😅