I just pumped my left breast as baby only latched right side jus now before he slept. I yield almost nothing. Is my supply gone so soon? I didn't even latch at all for the past 4 to 5 hrs and only pumped out 20ml and my breast really felt empty when I touched. Meaning baby didn't drink much whenever he latches there? This is so depressing. Baby is only 2 weeks old. ????

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congratulations on your newborn! Don't stress as stress will not be good for your overall wellbeing. It is quite normal during initial stages not to have abundance of milk. What you need to do is keep latching and pumping. What you pump out does not necessarily mean the baby is drinking only 20ml, because latching is more effective. If you want to build up a supply, it is essential to latch on demand or pump every 3 hours to stimulate the flow. Drink lots of liquid - milo, red dates soup, fish soup or any soup you can think of. Meanwhile, please monitor your baby's poo and pee to ensure he is drinking enough.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-17303)

2 weeks is still early. Milk supply will fluctuate in the beginning. Just keep on latching and don't stress!

8y trước

thanks mummy!