1st time mum: Breastfeeding

I noticed my nipple does not output a lot of milk though I can feel there's full of milk in my breast it jus not coming out, when I hand press it I only see 1 or 2 outlet from my nipple that dispense the milk, I asked my confinement nanny, she mentioned my nipple outlets are block or not open to dispense all milk in my breast. ( it's not nipple blisters). Should I get lactation consultant or is there any one that could provide me some advice

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Actually if this is your first month, 1-2 outlets may be good so your baby doesn’t get overwhelmed. Does your baby latch and suck well? Can baby empty your breast completely? You may try cleaning your nipples, but if you feel that yoir breast really cannot be emptied by direct latching/pumping (if you have an electric one, try the strongest setting), then perhaps see a lactation consultant? For me, the milk initially came out from 1-2 outlets, then increased as my baby got bigger

Read more
4y trước

Kkh got video on the massage and care for newborn including things like showering. Can try search. I try find paste here for you

You can try lactation consultant, it will works better to get more output. I had mastitis and went to GP (but the fever is not going down even after 2 days of eating antibiotics and panadol), and milk supply is just not coming out on one boobs at all. I had 2 sessions with the lactation consultant, and then the milk started to come out just like before. Now I feel engorged every 3 to 4 hours, but with the mastitis is every half an hour.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Do consult a lactation consultant. She will be able to teach you a lot of things and give you tips as well.

Thành viên VIP

Massage. Can do it yourself. Look through your hospital bag. May have the guide on how to do that.

How many days postpartum are you at now? Sometimes it takes awhile for milk to come out

Influencer của TAP

Massage, hot compress and you can try pumping with hand express too.

Can google ‘epsom salt breastfeeding’