High Risk for Trisomy 21, 18 and 13

I am a mum-to-be at age 45 Have 3 healthy kids, with my 3rd child born 10 years ago Had a natural miscarriage last September Done some research on down syndrome and I know that it will not be easy But I have decided to keep this precious baby Wanna see if any mummies can share experience with me and encouragement to keep me going

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dear mum-to-be, First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! It's wonderful that you have made the decision to keep your precious baby, despite the potential challenges. I can only imagine how you might be feeling right now, but I want to assure you that you are not alone. I want to share with you that I also had a high-risk pregnancy, and it was a difficult and emotional journey. But let me tell you, it was all worth it in the end. The love and joy that my child has brought into my life far outweigh any of the initial worries and fears. One thing that really helped me during this time was connecting with other mums who had similar experiences. It was so comforting to hear their stories and receive their encouragement and support. I encourage you to reach out to support groups, both online and in-person, where you can find other mums who have gone through similar situations. Remember that it's okay to feel overwhelmed or scared at times, but also remember that you are strong and capable. Take it one day at a time, and lean on your support system when you need it. You are doing an amazing thing by choosing to bring this precious baby into the world, and I believe that you will be an incredible mother to your new addition. Wishing you all the best on this journey, and please know that there are many mummies out here cheering you on. Sending you lots of love and encouragement. You've got this! Warm regards, [Your Name] https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hi Laura really thankful to see your reply yes not an easy decision but I will strive to fo my best for this special child let me know where can I join tgese support groups to learn more appreciate that and thank you

Read more