Husband work trips

Hi, I would like to get some advice here. My husband have been traveling and he has an upcoming trip (close to 2 weeks) to be away. We have been quarreling on this point and it’s affecting our relationship as I feel unsupported in my pregnancy. It’s tough balancing being a supportive wife as it’s a legit biz trip vs meeting my own needs as I am a more anxious first time mum. Currently in trimester 2z Any advice would be appreciated!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my dear, understand how you feel. are you guys living alone together at home? if yes, that may be the reason why you're feeling so unsupported and lonely when he is away. if the biz trip is really unavoidable, i feel that you can maybe hit your parents place for a few days to spend time with them, let them know about how you feel regarding your pregnancy. whenever my hubs is away, i'll video call my mum and complain to her every single discomfort i have and instantly feel better after ranting. sometimes we just need a listening ear. hugs!!

Read more
6mo trước

Thank you my dear :) yeah we are living alone at home and it becomes challenging with my preg anxieties and loneliness :( thank you for the advice though! ❤️

The last time my husband was on a work trip, I took leave to meet him half way and spent time exploring myself during the day and dinners together with him. Is that a possible option for you to get a short break yourself too ?