I have always tell myself to change and try the "respectful parenting" but every time my 7 yo makes a mistake, I will tend to spank his bum, cane his bum lightly or make him sit at a corner. I know it's unhealthy, how do I change? He's getting more rebellious instead. I want to try the softer approach but I cannot control myself! Sometimes I get mad at myself. Is something wrong with me? :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe you can try being more patient? Patient is a key part of respectful parenting. Every time you feel like punishing your child, take a breath and remember the principles of "respectful" parenting. Respectful parenting is a new concept if you're not used to it. Don't worry about it too much, if you're intentions are good, hopefully all will come into fruition :)

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-13121)

Guiding kids nowadays are different from the past. Yes, spanking os still required. However, you need to administer both hard and soft approach. Patience is extremely important here.

Read more