Rebelious toddler

I have an almost 2 year old. Recently he started keeping his bread in the mouth when we send him to school and keeps crying and wailing. Anyone has similar experience or can share what I can do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Keep calm and consistent in whatever methods you choose to educate your child. He is 2! Don't worry. They are experimenting with feelings and receipt of reactions from people around them. The 'terrible twos' phrase didn't appear out of nowhere. 😁 If it's not dangerous just keep reminding him what is acceptable.

Read more
5y trước

Thanks! Appreciate your advice. Could also be terrible 2s. When he is nice he can be really well behaved and sweet. Only at times he tends to act up.

did he just started school or brought to a new enviroment? new teachers? sometimes, its an act of separation anxiety, especially if there's new teacher/new enviroment or there's some changes at home or in his routine?

5y trước

I suspect its smth to do with his younger brother entering school also. Because now his favourite teachers are showing attention to his brother. Maybe he is affected by it.

Were there any changes in his meals or experiencing stress? Not sure if this may help, https://sg.theasianparent.com/child-stores-food-in-her-mouth

5y trước

Thank you:)

Did you change school recently? Has there been any other change in his routine like sleeping time?

5y trước

Maybe because he needs more sleep at night then. Sleep does influence mood and behaviour a lot... and little kids dunno how to express their feelings...

Perhaps there’s some changes to his routine? Maybe you could practice positive reinforcements

5y trước

There's a high chance ot could be this.

Seperation anxiety maybe?

5y trước

Sure will :) thanks