Worried mummy

I just did my NIPT test for downs. Im at my late 30's. Did my 12 weeks scan and showed baby has absence nasal bone but neck thickness is normal. However, Im still fall under high risk group given the blood result and also the scan result (no nasal bone). Im so worried and anxious. And I just need reassurance that every thing is going to be fine. #advicepls #1stimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I am in my mid 30s. I did FTS/first trim screening at wk 12 and was high risk from blood result. If it could be of any help, I was worried sick. I cried. Thereafter, the doctor got me to do NIPT which showed low risk. With the initial FTS results, which was 90% accuracy, it actually scares me that NIPT is 99% accuracy and there is a 1% chance for downs despite the results. I shared this with a friend. Told her that my results was 1/200 possibility of a child with downs from FTS. And she told me that her child has a risk of 1/20!!!! But she turned out fine and is now a smart girl who’s already 12. She has a very low nose bridge, which is sort of genetic. Her father has a low nose bridge too. I cannot 100% say your baby will be fine. But there is hope! I hope your baby will be alright.

Read more
2y trước

may i ask how was ur baby in the end? just did the 20weeks scan and was told baby has underdeveloped nasal bone and i was heartbroken.. however, i did NIPT at 12weeks and shown low risk.. also mid 30s. my husband is caucasian with sharp nose but im just hoping that it's because my father had low nose bridge :(

hi there. im late 30s too. i was told my results for DS was 1out of 180. scan shows no nasal bone. we panicked and took Harmony. results then showed normal. then 19 weeks went for the ADC scan , they saw the nasal bone like finally. but they say baby had bilateral cleft lip and palate. so we took amnio , just to ensure that baby has no other genetic defects. results was out in a week and shows baby ok and all is normal. we took the tests not that we wanted to terminate the pregnancy. but more to getting prepared for whateva outcome on my special baby. still stressed about it alot. cry alot. pray alot too. hope all will be well for u dear. scans can be wrong tests can be wrong. still being hopeful. 🥰 my prayers are with you!

Read more
2y trước

My result for DS is 1:36

p.s. in sec sch i had two classmates with extra thumb and nothing else wrong, they also did very well in sch. one of them subsequently removed it towards adulthood.

if NIPT result is OK, shouldn't be worry. do speak to gynae for the result age is never an issue to me at all, I've 2 successful pregnancy above 40

Read more