Weight gain immediately after birth

I just delivered my baby 2 days ago. I'm now at the confinement centre and to my horror when I stepped on the weighing scale, I did not lose any weight but instead put on 5kg! I had been constipated since a few days before birth but given that the baby weight + waterbag + placenta, shouldn't I have lost some weight? Had been trying to get breastmilk too but it's still in drops. I did not overeat in hospital too. But I am visibly very puffy. Anyone can advise me? This is depressing. #advicepls #firsttimemom #pleasehelp #FTM #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had UTI a day after I returned from the hospital after giving birth and my whole body was swollen (water retention). I was heavy too because of the excess water in my body. Went to the gynae and he gave me a pill. Passed a lot of urine after that and could see all the swelling reduced. Weight also went down. Best for you to check with your gynae.

Read more
11mo trước

thank you for your reply, my gynae gave me the same too but only half tablet a day for 3 days. May I know if your swelling went down immediately all at once or how long did it take? I did not pee a lot more with the pill but my weight went down 3kg but the swelling is still very bad. hope you can share more

Its just two days. Give it some time. Have u started any massage?