How early should I book for a gynae check up?

I am currently 5 weeks based on test kit results. Would the gynae refuse to see me and have me wait until 8 weeks? Plan to get some prenatal vitamins like folic acid but I need to wait for a professional advice #firsttimemom #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I also tested positive at week 5, gynae was ok to see me at 6 weeks for first scan to confirm the pregnancy. Then my 2nd appointment was 10 days later to check baby’s heartbeat. Since the first scan until now (9 weeks), I’ve only been taking folic acid prescribed by gynae (GNC brand, 1 tab per day 800 mcg). He said only folic acid is needed at this stage, calcium etc not needed yet. I guess if you buy over the counter folic acid is also fine.

Read more
2y trước

thank you so much!

Super Mom

Hello! Folic acid is important, can buy it OTC and start taking asap. Take minimally 400mcg a day from what I know. Anyway, it's not too early. My first scan is scheduled at 6 weeks+. Not sure of ur going for private or public hospital but if the wait for public hospital is too long, you can do ur first scan at private clinic first while waiting for ur appt at public hospital. (which is what I'm currently doing)

Read more

You can start booking and let them know your estimated weeks and they will slot you in the dates that they are available.

2y trước

If you want you can purchase from pharmacy or polyclinic