I am a massive over supply mum and I hate it - I am constantly leaking and my breasts are always engorged. I feel my whole life is either devoted to DL baby or pumping milk. How do I handle this?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

To add on to what Jorelle suggested, you can also try nursing from the same breast for each feeding session and changing sides for the next feeding. Another method similar to this would be to nurse from the same side for two to three feedings in a row before switching to the other breast. If you experience any discomfort from the other breast, pump a small amount. Also, you can apply cold compression in between feeds to help reduce milk production (and also could help soothe any discomfort). While some may suggest using cabbage leaves and herbs to help reduce oversupply issue, I’ve heard that this may then lead to over reduction and causes issues of under supply. As for the leaking issue, you can try to apply pressure to the nipples by pressing your arms or heels of your hands tightly against your chest for a few minutes. Other suggestions that may help reduce leaking include splashing cold water on nipples or rubbing them gently with ice (every three to fours hours). [taken from: http://www.llli.org/faq/oversupply.html] Take care of yourself and drink more water to re-hydrate! Hope you can get more rest as well!

Read more