I dont want to pump.

How are you mummies coping with the pumping schedule for newborns? I'm only a few days postpartum but finding pumping such a hassle to do every day especially at night. :( Feel like giving up on breast milk and feeding just formula.. but at the same time trying to continue because its supposed to be good for baby.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I couldnt latch so i needed to pump or hand express if i want to give my baby breastmilk. I thought it was easy. But i had emergency csect, in sooo much pain, baby crying 24/7, barely sleep, i cried multiple times a day, hated pumping. I stopped and got engorgement, went to hospital to get medication to stop my breastmilk, had breast massage to relieve my engorgement. I gave up pumping only few days old. I couldnt handle it, its taking a toll on me and my mental health. I was going crazy. And honestly, giving baby FM was the best decision ever! A huge burden lifted off my shoulder. I dont even care what people say about me giving up breastfeeding. I knew my baby needed a happy mummy and i needed to be mentally stable and happy in order to care for baby. As long as baby is fed, its all good. Be it FM or BM.

Read more