How to un-latch

How do I slowly not let my baby latch on me? She has to latch after feeding so that she can sleep. She is going to ifc in August.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It sounds like your baby has developed a habit of latching on to you for comfort after feeding. It's common for babies to want to nurse for comfort, especially when they are tired and trying to fall asleep. One approach you can try is to introduce a comfort object, such as a small blanket or stuffed animal, that your baby can use to self-soothe instead of needing to latch onto you. You can also try gently patting or rubbing your baby's back to help her relax and fall asleep without needing to nurse. Another strategy is to gradually shorten the length of time your baby nurses for comfort after feeding. For example, if she typically latches on for 10 minutes, try gradually reducing it to 8 minutes, then 5 minutes, and so on, until she is able to fall asleep without nursing. It's important to be patient and consistent with these methods, as it may take some time for your baby to adjust to new sleep routines. Additionally, offering extra cuddles and snuggles during the day can help fulfill your baby's need for comfort, making it easier for her to fall asleep without nursing at night. Remember that every baby is different, so it's okay to experiment with different approaches to find what works best for your little one. Good luck, and I hope you and your baby both get some restful sleep soon! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more