How do you manage to have good relationships with all your children (we've 3) kind of equally?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Understand their individual personalities and "adjust" your love according to how your kids are. My parents realised early on that me and my brother have very different personalities and to have good relationships with us would require different strategies. My elder brother, the rebellious one was shown tough love, my younger brother, the baby of the family was doted on more naturally because of his age and while my parents were initially strict with me as I was the only girl, they understood my independent spirit eventually and let me go on my adventures. I reckon it worked because all of us are in our 20s-30s and we have really awesome relationships with our parents :)

Read more

Understanding each kid is different and create a close connection with each kid. It means understand what each kid’s character and make up is and put love into every action for them to feel it. Prioritize time with them, encourage them and respect each of them individually. All relationships takes time and try your best to stay available for everyone of them

Read more

I'll be honest - it's not easy. While I love both my kids, it's clear to me that I have a favourite between the two and I find myself gravitating more to one of them. I am aware of my bias so I do put in effort to ensure I spend the same amount of time. So I guess the first step of to be self aware and the next would be to be deliberate in your actions.

Read more

Treat each of them like adults, respect them and celebrate each of their personalities. View each of them as individuals and not just collectively as your “children”. Have alone time with each of them separately. Communicate, listen to them and share with them. Your love for them will naturally help build good relationships with them. :)

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4255)

Try to be just and give them equal attention. Bond with them through things that they love doing

Fair with all kids