KKH Appt

Has anyone's child been referred to Department of Child Development at KKH before? My child is referred there as she has not started talking at d age of 2. May I know what they will do there?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Sorry I’ve not been referred there before, but just wanted to let you know that my LO only said Papa and Mama at about 23 months, and she wasn’t talking at the age of 2 too. Was initially a bit concerned but we knew that she could understand everything we were saying, so she just needed more time to be able to produce the right sounds to express herself. She probably only started talking more past 2.5 years old, and from there, her language skills skyrocketed. Lol. She’s 4 now, a chatterbox, singing machine and she even creates her own jokes and thinks she’s funny 🤣🤣 Just wanted to encourage you to not be too worried no matter what happens during the appointment, and to keep talking and reading to your LO. Take care!

Read more
4y trước

Aww thank you thank you. I know my child is ok, just that she does not want to talk yet. And she do not like to "show" that she knows how to do something infrontof strangers. She is pretty good with puzzles, and matching activities. Her eyes are pretty sharp to notice some small difference. Just that with ppl pestering me asking wgy she cannot talk yet makes me stressedup that i decided to send her for poly checkup.

Thành viên VIP

They will give you tips on how you can help your child in their development.

4y trước

Will we parents have to like do activities with the kid in front of d assesors?